It’s almost officially Super Bowl weekend and we all know what that means…
Diet. Fail. But what if I told you it doesn’t have to be that way? You can have your nachos and eat them too. Literally. There is such a thing as healthy indulgence. Some of the healthiest foods that exist are true indulgences all by themselves…. avocado. a perfectly ripe tomato. goat cheese. sweet potato. raspberries. chocolate. cinnamon. Oh, I could go on…
Sounds a heck of a lot better than Velvetta and Beanie Weenies, huh? I’ve had my eye out all week for tasty game day recipes that are healthy (or at least healthier) too. Here’s my list of game day go to’s….
What about you… What are you making for game day?
Healthy Game Day Favorites
- Artichoke and spinach dip
- Black eyed pea nachos
- Coriander-chile pinto bean dip
- Oven baked sweet potato fries
- New England/Manhattan clam chowder
- Black bean dip
- Sesame encrusted baked chicken tenders
- Loaded sweet potato skins
- Vegetable salsa
- Classic beef chili
- Slow cooker white chili
- Chipotle mushroom and goat cheese queso
- Eight layer Mediterranean dip
- Berry pizza
- Cinnamon walnut oatmeal cookies
- Gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter rice crispy treats
Megan Adams Brown, CHC, helps families find healthy routines that work, with no more “what’s for dinner?” stress, and a lot better food. Her family meal plans help moms take charge of their kitchen and their own health, leading to more vegetables and less junk all around. Megan also shares kid-approved, allergy-friendly recipes on her blog. To learn more click here.